These little mounds of chocolatey goo, scattered with pink and white fairy fluff are fantastically easy and fun to make and dangerously delicious.
This is just a winning combination of ingredients that work together to create indulgent buttery bundles of heaven. Whip them out in ten minutes flat ready for your guests or pop them in a Tupperware to take to a Halloween party (warning: they won’t all survive the journey, they’re just too tasty).
Makes about 12
150g of dark chocolate
2 tablespoons golden syrup
400g of digestives
100g raisins (optional)
• Break-up the chocolate and add it to a medium-sized saucepan with the butter and golden syrup.
• Melt the chocolate mixture over a medium-low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon as you go.
• While the mixture is melting, tip the digestives into a bag and bash them with a rolling pin until they break up into rough crumbs and chunks.
• Once the chocolate has melted, turn off the heat and stir in the raisins and bashed digestives. Leave to cool for about 5-10 minutes.
• Once the chocolate mixture has cooled, tip into the marshmallows and swirl them through.
• Finally, spoon out dessert spoons of mixture into fairy cases and sprinkle with hundreds and thousands. Pop them in the fridge for about 45 minutes, or until firm enough to gobble (mine tend to last about 20 mins in the fridge!)