A smooth-running Christmas is all about preparation and organisation. This means….lists! Print them out, stick them on all the wall and work your way down. Before the big Black Friday (27th November) extravaganza, let’s work out what we have, what we don’t have and what we need. That way we know what we’re targeting in the sales and can get the most out of those discounts coming our way.
Print this off and underneath scribble down what you’re missing and refer back to it over Black Friday weekend. If you need inspiration, head over to ‘Get Ahead Monday: Know What You Need’ and punch some of the keywords into the search box for our selection of curated items.
FOR THE HOME
- Dig out the Christmas tree decorations Tinsel, hangings, fairy lights, a beautiful angel or star, a stand or pot!
- Dig out the home decorations For your rooms and for the Christmas table. Candles, ornaments, hangings, tablecloth, placemats, napkins, napkin rings!
- Check the Christmas lights work For the tree and for the home!
- Take stock of crockery and glassware Check you have enough of the following for your guests: Wine glasses, mulled wine tumblers, champagne flutes, plates and dishes, cutlery.
- Check serveware Are there enough platters, serving utensils and serving dishes.
- Check pots and pans Ensure there are enough pots and pans for Christmas dinner and making mulled wine!
- Take stock of bed sheets and towels Ensure there are enough towels and bed sheets for everyone staying.
- What to buy for him Husband, boyfriend, father, brother, grandfather. (for inspiration type ‘gifts for him’ into the Spotdeco search here)
- What to buy for her Wife, girlfriend, mother, sister, grandmother. (for inspiration type ‘gifts for her’ into the Spotdeco search here)
- Choose wrapping paper Select wrapping paper, ribbons, bows and gift tags.
- Stocking Fillers If you’re doing stockings, select your items.
Beautiful image of a warm fireplace and wooden table courtesy of LOMBOK