Adding a splash of homemade charm to your gifts needn’t take ages and cost the earth. Here I’m going to show you how to add a little sparkle to a gorgeous Anthropologie mug, with just a chocolate bar (or two).
You can make chocolate drops from any flavour chocolate you like and they look so cute all wrapped up and tucked inside a gorgeous gift. I adore Anthropologie mugs, and think they made beautiful presents, so I’ve used them as an example (you can buy the same mugs here).
- Cut a big piece of greaseproof paper and put it on top of a tray or large chopping board
- Pour some boiling water into a deep saucepan and rest a heatproof bowl over the top, making sure it doesn’t touch the water
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and tip it into the bowl
- Melt the chocolate slowly over a low heat, stirring from time to time
- Once it’s melted, take the bowl out of the pan. Grab a teaspoon and carefully spoon small round drops onto the greaseproof paper
- Leave to set in a cool place or pop them in the fridge
It’s that easy! Once they’re set, grab some tissue paper and pile them in.
Tie a big bowl around the tissue paper and tuck the bundle into your gift.